SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_mikolainis87

Poly Adirondack chairs or Cushioned Lounge patio furniture?

MilwaukeeHCMom
9 months ago

I am debating between getting a cheaper patio lounge set with cushions or poly adirondack chars. I would appreciate any advice.

Option 1. A cushioned set, on sale. I would need to buy a storage container for cushions and we'd keep them put away when we're not outside:

Some options:

I like all of these. They are all on sale. The cream one does not photograph well but the table has a pretty starburst design and there is X metalwork on the sides.

My house is a medium slate blue with a red brick herringbone patio.

Option 2 is poly Adirondack chairs -- I can either get a pair of these from a nicer furniture store (they fold and come pre-assembled) or go to a big box store and get 4 chairs that don't fold.

I am looking to spend under $1,000 in total this year. I kind of just want this done and over with so I can stop thinking about it. I would get the Adirondack chairs in either a dark brown or taupe or gray.

We have an older dining table that is a gray metal that is in decent shape.

I like to eat and drink coffee on the patio. If we got the cushions, I would probably spill on them. Also, we feed the birds and they would get bird poop on them.

Are the poly Adirondacks the best choice? Would you go for two of the more expensive folding ones or four of the less expensive non folding ones?

Thanks for any help!

Comments (14)