Focaccia.
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years agoRose Pekelnicky thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
Related Discussions
Saturday Market update
Comments (27)Just got home from today's market; sold all my loaves of bread and half of the Monkey Bread -- so I called it a day at 11:30 a.m. I probably won't make the Monkey Bread again as it does not do as well in smaller pans. Maybe next week I'll make some of Cindy Mac's cinnamon buns. It's interesting having some regular customers come back each week: one new friend that I made got there late today and the bread she wanted to buy was sold out....so she bought the remaining loaf (sourdough) anyway. Now that's a good customer. I lost a sale when I had to decline taking a check. I've had some bad experiences with checks on my Etsy sells so I've just learned to say "sorry, no." The customer understood and said she would see me next week. I just decided on the spot that I would not take a check for a $4 loaf of bread. It is cool and cloudy here today, so not too much early traffic at the market. More vendors today too; I had to squeeze in next to Sweet Teenager Artist and her mom. Chicken Lady was there and sold out of her eggs. And I made a new friend in Mavis who has an alteration shop and loves to sew as much as I do. Met a nice young fellow, a structural engineer out of work, who is growing winter squash, gourds, and watermelon - I now I have to find room in the fridge for a small "Sweet Crimson." Teresa...See MoreI'll Share Mine if you Share Yours Sat. May 1
Comments (4)I had been craving, for some unknown reason, eggs, ground beef and spinach. I googled the ingredients and I found the recipe!!! Thirty years ago my then hubby and I had it in San Francisco at this lovely cafe for brunch. Joes Special: Ingredients Â2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil Â1 pound lean ground beef Â2 medium onions, finely chopped ( I used 1 large onion) Â2 garlic cloves, finely minced Â1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced Â1 teaspoon course salt Â1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or pinch freshly ground - I sometimes add up to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon too) Â1/4 teaspoon dry oregano Â1/4 teaspoon pepper Â1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry; or 1/2 pound fresh spinach, rinsed, stems removed, and leaves chopped (about 4 cups) (I used fresh) Â4 to 6 large eggs, lightly beaten ÂSplash of hot sauce (optional, but recommended) Directions 1.Heat oil in a wide frying pan over high heat. Crumble in beef and cook, stirring often, until browned. Drain excess fat. 2.Add onions, garlic and mushrooms; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. 3.Stir in salt, nutmeg, pepper, oregano and spinach; cook for about 5 more minutes. Add eggs. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, just until eggs are softly set. I tweaked this just a bit....and it really doesn't look to appetizing....but man oh man is it good!...See MoreI'll Share my Recipes if you Share Yours-Thurs.June.10
Comments (2)Giada made this yesterday and looks so good. Pastina with peas and carrots 1/2 pound (8 ounces) pastina or other small-shaped pasta, such as farfallini 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 small onion, finely diced 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature Kosher salt 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves Directions Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the carrots and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the peas to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until the peas are warmed through and the carrots are tender. Stir in the cooked pasta. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheeses. Stir until the mixture is incorporated and forms a sauce. Season with salt, to taste. Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with chopped basil...See MoreAnn T's Focaccia Recipe
Comments (5)Thank you for telling this bread-loving person about yet another bread recipe! I used to make focaccia quite often... I'd bake spinach and dried tomatoes along with fresh herbs and cheese into the bread - but with the spinach it'd go bad/moldy so quickly. Still... yummy with peppered olive oil drizzled over!...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

ENTERTAININGGuess Who’s Coming to Dinner: The Rise of Supper Clubs
Would you invite strangers into your home for a meal? We visit cooks in London, Rome and Stockholm who are doing this and we get the story
Full Story
MOST POPULARThanksgiving Tales: When the Turkey Tanks
Houzz readers prove adept at snatching victory from the jaws of entertaining defeat
Full Story
LIFESavor Natural Scents at Home
Bread fresh from the oven, luscious lavender, just-mown grass ... the loveliest fragrances for the home are also the most natural
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWorld of Design: Global Foodies and Their Kitchens
Join us as 11 food lovers tell us about their kitchens and give us a taste of their culinary heritage
Full Story
Rusty