SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_572549425

would an Anderson window look strange in a room with Marvin

Elizabeth M
9 months ago

Hi there. We have Marvin windows, (white wood inside/aluminum outside, double hung with 6 divided lights on top) and want to add a window to one of the rooms that is rather dark. I’ve gotten quotes for Anderson and Marvin, and due to the fact that we’re doing rather a big project on the house right now, am inclined to save on this window if possible (Marvin was quoted as nearly double)

Having never personally bought windows before, and not really in a position to try and find somewhere to go see the windows to compare… does anyone here know off hand if they will be similar enough or glaringly different? Frustratingly, the people selling the windows haven’t had anything to say about it. Do people ever mix brands?

It’s tucked away in a bedroom, and not street facing, so not many ppl will be seeing the window in all honesty. Just we that live here.
I’d like to save the $$$ and get the Anderson IF they’ll look fairly similar. The specs given seem to line up, but I don’t know if there is anything about either brand that would make it “scream” different, from afar.

It will be on the same wall as one window, but a different size/style. Currently there is a 32x56 on the wall in question, and I want to buy an awning style that has just the six divided lights, so it looks like the top half of the other window. Maybe sounds weird, but it makes perfect sense for the space.

TIA

Comments (5)