SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meems15

Secret Storage Space Found!

Michelle NJ
9 months ago

So this never happens—We are in midst of renovating all kids’ rooms and came across 44”W of extra upper storage space right next to my 7-year-old son’s 42”W Closet. (It’s a split-level home so this is empty space that lives above our front hall closet on other side of the wall—and down 6 steps to the main floor).

It is high up so I’m thinking of using it for guest blanket/pillow storage space as we have never had a designated space for that. Other ideas? Storage for legos or books? (I’m checking to see if contractor can build 8”D bookshelf niche in wall to the left of closet). This bedroom is quite tiny so I’m open to all space-saving ideas. This kid is a bit too spirited for a tall loft bed but maybe a low one if it does not limit closet access—I’d love the function of full accordian doors on this tiny closet so can access it completely but need something less unattractive.

Please see here for pics of magical newfound storage space and small closet as well as architectural plans for room. Thx!!

Comment