SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Earlies Just Now Blooming

shive
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

A lot of my early bloomers either put up just one or two scapes or did not bloom at all. Now, many weeks later, I'm getting FFOs and additional scapes blooming. It's kind of nice to have these usual June faces in July.

Spacecoast Francis Busby did not scape for the longest time, and then just put up one scape. Perhaps I'll get some more later in the year. The FFO was yesterday.

Busy Being Fabulous - I moved this one in early April. It was always surrounded by dormants with huge foliage. I thought if I moved it, it might have taller scapes and more buds in the future. In any case, it only put up one scape in its new place, which started blooming earlier this week.

Core Values put up only two scapes out of its 10, and they are still blooming.

Tart With A Heart had two scapes in early June, and now has two more that have started.

Fighting Fire - I have two clumps of this. One put up two scapes at the usual time and started blooming the first week of June. The other did not start blooming until last week. The one that did have blooms early now has one rebloom scape and first scapes on two fans.

Princess Diary did the same thing - two scapes blooming at the right time and four blooming much later.

Seedling (Karelia X Palace Garden Beauty) X This Longing also did this. I first thought its clump had died back to only four fans, but eventually all 11 showed up. Three fans bloomed in June, and now I have scapes on four more of the scapes. Since its been so hot in the 90s and there's been no rain for awhile, the eye and edge is much lighter in color than usual.

Orchid Linen started blooming on two scapes in the middle of June, and it now has two more scapes that are just starting.

Moon Shimmers put up all its scapes on schedule, and will finish blooming sometime next week.

Summer Kate - It's last bloom may be the prettiest one!

Debra

Comments (12)