SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reneemartin10

How to choose and arrange furniture & TV in awkward living room?

G.R. Martin
9 months ago
last modified: 9 months ago

(Apologies for the painting mess you are about to see- I am repainting. Photos were taken at different times as I have been repainting so TV is just sitting on the hearth temporarily). Need help placing TV and figuring out floor plan before I invest in good furniture. My living room has an awkward layout. In the hand drawing on graph paper, each square is 1 foot. The living room is open to the breakfast nook, has a door beside the fireplace and a traffic pattern that eliminates one wall (near the bar) as well as through the center of the home, and a closet door on the only wall. I also do not know where to put the TV- with limited wall space it might make sense to put it over the fireplace, but the mantle is 5' tall and the propane fireplace, our main source of heat in the whole home, does get fairly hot; we put it there before the gas logs were installed, and it seemed odd to crane our necks to view it at such a high angle. It's doable if there is no other better solution. (None of the furniture in the photos stay, they are placeholders (somewhere to sit for now) while I figure this all out. I do not want to invest again in furniture that is too large for the space. I want it to look balanced and be comfortable also.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County