SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
humble_smith

Where Do I put my tv and how should I arrange my living room? Help!!

Humble Smith
3 years ago

Hello all

So I recently moved in to a new house. One of the first items I purchased was a 60 inch TV. Now originally I was planning on hanging the tv above the fire place (controversial I know). Just yesterday I decided to measure the fireplace wall and to my dismay the wall measured at 56 inches meaning that if I was to hang the TV above the fire place it would be hanging off the wall (which is a horrible sight).

My dilemma now is that I have zero idea of what to do in regards of where to put the TV. The reason I was keen on hanging the TV above the fireplace is that in my opinion it served as a natural focal point. The TV, the fire, either sides would have been pictures, shelves etc. In my head it just made sense visually and the sofa would be somewhat facing the focal point.

Now I’m very confused as to where to put the where TV, I’m looking for a location which makes sense aesthetically and also practically. I’ve never been a fan of having a fire wall and then putting the TV either side of it as I’ve always felt that TV’s just look out of place. Yes I could put against either of the long walls but I just think that both practically and aesthetically it won’t be wise as either side of the fire place, valuable space would be wasted or blocked. I’m just so lost.

I’m yet to buy my furniture (it’s been hard due to the current pandemic) but that’s something to which I will be purchasing.

So ultimately what I need help is with is

1. Where to put the 60 inch tv.
  2. How will I arrange my furniture (sofa & centre table).

When giving advice/help please do consider how I will arrange my furniture so it makes sense when it comes to the arrangement of my tv. The furniture (sofa and centre table) is pretty basic. The sofa will be a 6 - 8 seater but can come in the format of a 3 seater, 2 seater and one armchair. Or maybe two 3 seaters, or a 4 seater and a 3 seater or maybe even a 5 seater corner or even something else. But I think you get my drift.

Any help, advice or suggestions would be very welcomed and highly appreciative.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Fire place (photo 1)

Fire place (photo 2)

Left of the fire place)

Right of the fireplace.

Back/long wall (Left of the fire place)

Back/long wall (right of the fire place)

Far side of the living room. Opposite of the fireplace.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH