SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lloyd_harnish

Is there an issue with Daikin HVAC systems working with wireless?

Lloyd Harnish
9 months ago
last modified: 9 months ago

We bought a cabin that needed work. We replaced all the windows, most of the appliances, got wall mounted mini-splits for the 2nd floor bedrooms, and for the basement and first floor they installed a zoned ceiling mounted unit (Airzone DZK model AZDZKS030E4-4) in the basement and the outside unit (a heat exchanger) and since then its been issues with the zoning that took like 3 -5 visits and a few part replacements to get it working, or sort of becasue it seems like mre recently its starting to not cool adequately. We have to run the AC set at 68 deg all day and it MIGHT get to 78. But one of the MAIN things we specified when we got the estimate was that whatever usit we got HAD to be WiFi enabled. We Live 5 hrs from the cabin so we need to be able to monitor the temperature and turn it up or down. The 2nd floor WiFi units work with no issues. The unit for the 1st floor and basement have never worked and after several call ouits the tech said that they would have to contact the manufacturer, Daikin. Then after me calling back several times they said that they were told there was an upgrade and that the wireless box wont work with this model so we are waiting on a firmware or module upgrade for this issue to be fixed. This has almost been a year now and I have stayed in contact with the company as well as tried to contact Daikin. How can teh hardware all be new and not work together? If this is true what company releases something that doesnt work with current products being sold? I feel I am getting brushed off by the installer company and have nevere received a reply from Daikin. So first of all does ANYONE know of some type of known wifi issue with Daikin controllers or is it all BS? and Secondly what are my options for getting this corrected? We stupidly paid in full about $28k for he system so the company seems to have no sense of urgency. I dont want to let this go too far and then find out there was a statute of limitations or something that says we are now screwed. The HVAC company came highly recommended in this area of Virginia. Thanks for any and all assistance anyone can offer.

Comments (2)