SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracybrian

HELP Where to center the dining room table

Tracy
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

New Construction Great room is 40 feet + long x 17 feet + wide with a vaulted Ceiling. On one end there will be a floor to ceiling stone fireplace. The other end will be a built in 7' buffet centered on the dining room wall This wall is shorter than the opposite wall where the fireplace will be. (see attached floor plan). Down the middle of the vault will be a beem that runs the full length of the space. ( see picture of the ceiling for visual only this IS NOT the house).

Do I center the table under the vault which will put the table off center of the buffet but keeping it in line with the fireplace cusing uneven sapce on bothe sides of the table or Center the table on the buffet being in the middle of the room, This will make it off center to the fireplace in the living room?

Additional information:

There will be two chandeliers in the space and one large fan. One will be in front of the fireplace, centered over the living room area, hanging from the beam. The second will be the dining room chandelier. it will be centered over the table either on the beem or centered on the buffet making it off center to the fireplace (closer to the windows) depending to the tables location.

So where do I center my 10' table? under the beem ( which will line up both the dining and living room areas chandeliers or centered on the buffet? The fan will be between teh two higher up hopefull not being noticed as much. Thank you for your help.

This picture is to only show what the ceiling design will look like. This is not the room. Look at floor plan for actual space.

floor plan of Great room area New Constructio

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County