SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_533505791

How to get hot and cold water to an outdoor/backyard shower?

oakrunfarm
10 months ago

I had a solar shower by the pool at my last house that I really loved, but the warm water never failed to run out during mid-shampoo, and I would end up with teeth-chatteringly cold water by the end.

We've moved from NC further South, where I will have even more months of the year to enjoy al fresco showers, and I would like to add a shower that provides more hot water.

Our house is marshfront and I am planning to put the shower in an area where I am doing plantings and rocks. The area I want to use is in the forefront of the pic below along the fence where the tiny gravels are.

Out there about 15-20' from this is the pool equipment. There is an available, unused spigot, there is a breaker box with an available breaker, there is the well head, and there is a drop cord that is currently being used for either the water softener read-out box or a hot tape for the water pipes, which are aboveground due to it not freezing here in coastal GA.

What I would like to know is what is going to be my best choice for hot water to an outdoor shower? Would it be an on-demand gas or electrical unit that I can mount along with the pool equipment and tie into the breaker box? Or a small conventional hot water tank out there somehow?

I can feasibly run either or both a hose or a power cord relatively inobstrusively to the shower by running straight back to the fence and around the outside of it and would prefer not to have to bury pipes or electrical, but can do that if it's a much better option.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment (1)