SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Feeling in the Pink Today

shive
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

After a 91 degree day and a 64-degree night, many daylilies with fancy edges didn't want to open this morning. I went out late to photograph and didn't get many good photos. But the ones with some of my pink seedlings were the best of the lot. So here's my pink intro and some pink seedlings today.

Bubblegum Queen - I divided my big clump of BQ last August into two- to four-fan divisions, and BQ appears to be a sulker after dividing. It may have lesser scapes and buds because of the early freeze, but I suspect part of the problem is not liking to be divided. I hope BQ will return to its former glory next year.

Pink Aloha X Bubblegum Queen 2 - This is a very large, round 7-inch bloom on a short scape. I like the ruffly edge and the angel wings. Hopefully subsequent scapes will be taller.

Pink Lemonade Party X Bubblegum Queen 1 - I posted this one earlier, but the edge was so much better today, I had to show it again. Also the band is a darker pink today.

"Nadine" - Seedling of unknown parentage, but I believe it's a Dancing Flamingo kid.

Cexy Samantha X Bubblegum Delicious #1 - This one has huge foliage this year and taller scapes (30 inches) than ever before. It may be a dormant that liked the deep freeze and late freeze. The massive fans are covering up its evergreen sister. Despite all that lush foliage and taller scapes, it has a couple less buds than previous years. I like the way the sides of the petals are darker in color than the middles.

Grandma's Smile X Bubblegum Delicious #2 is showing a different type of ruffling than in the past.

Dancing Flamingo X UF #2 is the tallest of my pink seedlings with a 40-inch scape.

Debra

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz