SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksenos

Kitchen Update Help

ksenos
11 months ago

I am helping my mom update her kitchen, and I need some advice! We already had the floor replaced with a very busy travertine-look luxury vinyl tile. Cabinets will be painted PPG Rocky Road (warm greige); countertops are 50-year old Corian, but have been refinished and will be staying, as will the copper hood for now. New appliances are to be stainless steel.

My main question is around trim paint. She has two pantries in the kitchen and one exterior door, all in close proximity. Do we paint the pantry doors and the small bit of molding connecting them to the adjacent cabinets the same color as the cabinets or do we treat them like other interior doors in the home and paint them the off-white trim color? What about the back exterior door? Do we keep that white regardless? If so, how/where to transition the color on the baseboard and moldings so it does not look weird?

Also, we have similar question as to hardware—do we keep the satin nickel levers on the pantries so they match the handles on all other doors in the house, or do we match the handles to the antique bronze or brass hardware we are considering for the kitchen cabinets? Or do we just go satin-nickel with all the cabinet hardware, too, so it all matches…but then how do we tie in the copper hood?

Don’t even get me started on the wallpaper selection! My fear is that everything is going to be looking a little too uniform… Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Comments (5)