SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheila_widergren81

Exterior Design for mixing siding styles, please help

Sheila W
11 months ago

Hello, I am new and took down original thread, as it was under several different areas. I apologize for confusion so I am starting over. I would love input for exterior design. I am attaching houseplan. I know front gables are different pitches, nothing can be done at this point, trusses ordered and for some reason, that was as close as they could get. So my question is, with what I am working with, what is the most aesthetically pleasing way to mix board and batten and horizontal 8 inch wide plank. Windows are 2 over 2 grid all over, not what is pictured, front doors are 8 feet

We are thinking not to do awning and add barn lights on sides of garage triple windows.

One idea for siding is horizontal lap under trim piece on gables and 8 inch lap everywhere else

or horizontal lap under seams on gable and board and batten above and board and batten across porch and front of house

Sides of house 8 inch lap

The gable we are considering is a simple large straight beam under gable, open on wide, 10 inch posts I have attached 2 inspirational photos for it, 1 for the garage gable and the house

plan.

Thank you for any help!!

Comments (8)