Mung bean sprouts?
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
Related Discussions
Mung Bean Sprouts
Comments (1)They can keep for a week or more. (Mine don't ever last that long because I eat them up hehe.) Just make sure they're dried off before putting them in the fridge. That helps keep them nice for longer. They're yummy on salads, in any stirfry, mixed with other veggies and rolled up on wonton wrappers, etc....See MoreAlfalfa vs mung bean sprouts
Comments (3)Thank you. I tried them tonight in our salad and they were fine with the dressing and other veggies but to the grocery store tomorrow for alfalfa sprouts. I like the slight spicy flavor they have as well as the presentation....See MoreMung Bean Sprouts
Comments (5)I get them in the bulk section of the health food store, and at least a couple of our grocery stores have mung beans in their bulk section. I'll bet any store with a natural foods section would have them. Sprout them pretty much like alfalfa. I soak the seeds overnight, then rinse them several times a day (hate it when the root end dries out)....See MoreBean sprout safety
Comments (13)lucillle, its been a few years since I've done anything with sprouts. We'd been enjoying them and then all the info began coming out about them making people sick. By the time I'd looked into some of it, I was so confused I just gave up on sprouts. I think so did many restaurants. There was one place, a nice 'halfway' point where I'd meet my Mom for lunch often that had a great soup and half sandwich daily special and part of the appeal of the sandwich was the vegetables and sprouts. They quit putting them on their salads and in sandwiches uncooked. I was sad to see them go but I've got no patience at all for things like upset stomachs, digestive issues, any of the rest so I just don't eat them. Sorry, I know that's not helpful when you'd been looking forward to them. (and if everyone is seeing this in bold, I don't know why. The bold option is not highlighted on my preview! - it's not intentional)...See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years agolucillle thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

MID-ATLANTIC GARDENINGChecklist: What To Do in the Garden This Month
February Gardener: Plant sprouts, start seedlings, force bulbs, grow an orchid and more
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES10 Easy Edibles for First-Time Gardeners
Focus on these beginner-friendly vegetables, herbs, beans and salad greens to start a home farm with little fuss
Full Story
MATERIALSMesquite: The Brawny Beauty for All Over the Home
Denser than other hardwoods and sporting beautiful coloration, mesquite makes a fine material for flooring, countertops, furniture and more
Full Story
SPRING GARDENINGEnjoy the Peak of Spring Gardening — Here’s What to Do in May
Bid the frost farewell and treasure the blooms. No matter what U.S. region you’re in, one of these guides will help your garden flourish
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDHouzz Call: Home Farmers, Show Us Your Edible Gardens
We want to see where your tomatoes, summer squashes and beautiful berries are growing this summer
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNGreat Design Plant: Retreat to the Shade of Hardy Catalpa
Big foliage and a towering height provide a shady respite in summer, but that's not all hardy catalpa offers dedicated gardeners
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSHow to Grow Your Own Sweet Summer Crops
This guide will help any gardener get started on growing the freshest warm-season veggies and berries for summer
Full Story
MOST POPULARSummer Crops: How to Grow Sunflowers
Savor snack-tastic sunflower seeds once the radiant blooms have faded — if the birds have saved you any, that is
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGWorld of Design: 10 Home Gardeners Show Us Their Sweet Summer Harvests
From New York to Tokyo, these gardeners have turned their yards, terraces and rooftops into places of bounty
Full Story
ENTERTAINING8 Stress-Busting Tips for Hosting Small Gatherings
Make entertaining easy with these ideas for casual get-togethers
Full Story
beesneeds