SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Update on my gallbladder surgery

Alisande
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

It went well. The hardest part was getting up at 4 a.m. after not nearly enough sleep. I had to be at the hospital by 5:45.

I took the KT advice to heart and after the surgery I spent the night at my daughter's house. She and my son-in-law and I watched "A Man Called Otto" and enjoyed it. Her house is larger than mine, cleaner than mine, very comfortable, and a great place to recover and be waited upon. Apparently I sounded noticeably better after eating some of my daughter's grilled chicken.

The surgeon told her not to let me go without pain meds. I'm one of those people who reacts to everything and doesn't like to take anything. The hospital sent me home with oxycodone, which I rejected immediately. My compromise was to agree to take one Tylenol capsule because the recommended dose was two. I think it might have been smart to wait though. Some kind of pain relief must have been in my IV in the hospital, because that day and that night not only was pain from the surgery manageable, but I didn't have my usual back, neck, and knee pains. The following night, when I was back home, was when I could have used that Tylenol.

So now it's a week after the surgery, and my only complaint is lack of energy. I think I have to be careful not to overdo. Yesterday I got the wheelbarrow and lopping shears out, and cut away the dead parts of the rugosa roses. Not exactly intense labor, but it wiped me out completely. I still feel drained. So I'm back to watching TV without guilt. Just finished Season 1 (the only one so far) of The Lincoln Lawyer. Liked it a lot.

Thanks again for the helpful advice!

Comments (18)