SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annmarieca

Half Bath Refresh

Ann Marie
11 months ago

Any feedback on more I could do to improve our half bath?

I did refresh of our downstairs half bath on a budget. We’re in process of finishing remodel of our kitchen and I’d rather reserve extra money for kitchen and other projects.

I wanted to do my best to distract from the late 1960s cultured marble countertop. I’ve slowly worked on it for 4 months. I don’t have many before pics. Still need to do paint touch up on cabinets which I sanded but overall I’m really happy with it until we do decide to replace vanity top and possibly cabinet.

Projects were:
I put up canvas mounted artwork from our own trips/photos (mixtiles), high end marble accessories, preserved flowers and eucalyptus, designer vases, excavated out painted over screws and hinges by hand with a screwdriver and razor, boiled hinges to remove disgusting old paint from them, used rub and buff in silver leaf to change color on old hinges, DIY’d a mirror frame, replaced sconce glass, repaired rusted sink with epoxy paint, sanded the 1968 cultured marble vanity top to remove the rust stains and cleaned with gel gloss, removed old caulking. Floors were already marble we installed a few years ago. Overall I’m really happy with it for now until we can replace vanity and top.

Comments (10)