SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Framing: Where do you have your wall art framed?

pricklypearcactus
11 months ago

Where do you have art for your home framed and how happy are you with the results?

Recently I've been framing some of my art and photographs framed to hang in our house. While I am no Monet, I do enjoy drawing and I enjoy having some of my work on our walls. Ages ago when I had access to tools and supplies, I would cut my own mats and buy component frames from a local store and frame them myself. It was nice to have full control over the positioning of the art in the frame and knowing I would be happy with the result.

With this latest round of framing, I used Michael's and while they did a great job with a 20x30 photograph and one of the pieces of art, it took me actually working with the framer to place the second piece of art in the frame to have it done as I'd described (after 2 previous tries). It was very frustrating and made me reluctant to use them again, especially if I want the work positioned in a specific way.

Who do you use to frame your art? Or do you have a source for DIY custom frames and mats that you use? Thanks!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH