SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Friday/Weekend Quiz

Jasdip
11 months ago

Almost half of those surveyed said they do this regularly and more than 60% say it has helped their mental health. What is it?

A: They talk to their plants. Some talk to their outdoor plants and 20% talk to trees they pass by.

This weekend's question is

66% of adults own one of these. (Not usually an adult item) What is it?

OT: Rox, I was speaking to someone who lives in AB last night. They had just had a goat give birth and couldn't find the baby. He/she was the size of their hand, a dwarf. She was afraid a hawk had picked it up. She was talking to me while searching for the little baby, and found it beside a log. She was so worried as it's so hot there. I was expressing my concern as well. Hope I don't get reprimanded, I was calling for work LOL We had a great conversation as well as the purpose of my call :-)

Comments (13)

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Teddy bear

• Judy Good
    11 months ago

blankie

• User
    11 months ago

Jasdip, I’m so glad your friend found the kid. Yes, it is super hot here and windy. We are constantly getting wildfire alerts on our phones. There has been several small evacuations in neighbouring counties but not ours. I believe that today the temp. is only going to be in the mid ’20s and pretty much the same for the next few days. A nice change from the ’30s. But it is dry and windy and no sign of rain. I have a small pond on my property that ducks like to nest on but it is bone dry this year.

We’re all hoping for rain!

My guess for today is a LEGO set. The Titanic LEGO helped my husband and me get through a few weeks of the pandemic. (Lot’s of salty sailor talk was involved, LOL ) Oh, and we did the LEGO world map which was easy but very relaxing.

• User
    11 months ago

My second guess is colouring book as my 76 year old SIL has stacks of them.

• Rusty
    11 months ago

Teddy bear or a doll.

Rusty

• User
    11 months ago

Okay, how quickly things change!

We’ve just been given notice to prepare to evacuate. We don’t have to yet but we need to be ready to leave in 15 minutes if necessary. Thank goodness we no longer have horses.

The whole town of Drayton Valley is being evacuated. My daughter and SIL have a quarter section near there but don’t live there.

• lettersatoz
    11 months ago

Yikes! Stay safe, rox, and keep use posted!! Will be thinking about you...

For today's quiz, I'll guess bicycle.

• User
    11 months ago

Thanks letters. We’re ready to go any time if we have to. LOL, my husband has the golf clubs in the back of the vehicle.

I wish the wind would die down and give the firefighters a break.

I just spoke to my daughter and she says the trail cams on their property show that everything is still there.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 months ago

Praying for rain for you, Rox.

tj

• nicole___
    11 months ago

Rox....just hope it's a short lived evacuation and all is well.

• lucillle
    11 months ago

Roxsol, you are in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us updated. I know this is very serious but I thought saving the golf clubs was funny.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Count me the same as Lucille. I'm on my phone and typing disappears.

• User
    11 months ago

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Our status hasn’t changed any and we’re still being told to be ready to evacuate. There have been several grass fires in the area but are being kept under control. The biggest fires are to the west of us along the Yellowhead Highway, Edson has been evacuated and they are blowing toward Jasper National Park.

The temperature was only in the mid 20s today but the wind has been non-stop. Rain is predicted for Saturday night/Sunday morning. I feel very bad for those folks who have been uprooted from their homes.

I’m planning to stay up tonight and enjoy the full moon and (don’t judge me) watch the Royal Coronation which begins at 2 am.💂‍♀️🇬🇧

We are getting regular updates from the provincial emergency alert system.

Fingers crossed for the wind to die down and the rain to begin.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!