SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roslynhenderson

Help please! How to fit a studio garden room in a narrow, pointy plot

roslynhenderson
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm in the UK (using metric). I would like to replace a very old garage with a studio/guest room at the bottom of my garden. It's quite a long narrow garden which ends in a really pointy section. I need to incorporate shed storage for 4 bikes plus other bits and bobs, as well as one main room with kitchenette & sofabed, plus a shower room. Access is from an existing side gate. I've come up with this plan - any comments or layout improvements please?! The brick path already exists and leads to the main house about 25 metres to the south. The bathroom may seem tiny, but this is kind of normal in the UK. Small dotted line shows the existing garage outline. Big dotted line shows the plot boundary to the north. I can't have windows on the west or north boundary as it's a public alleyway. I can only have a high-up window on the east side, as it overlooks the neighbour's garden. So light needs to come mainly from the south and skylights. It will be a flat-roof structure, limited to 250cm height. (We might create a bin store in the currently empty really pointy bit of the plot to the north.)

Comments (7)