SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edburger

Need help finding extremely narrow privacy/screening shrub

edburger
13 years ago

Hello!

I hate being "that guy", but I'm going to post a question that's been posted on here a bunch of times before: what narrow shrubs make a good privacy screen?

Before you start throwing stones, hear me out! I read thru the FAQ and dozens of threads on narrow shrubs, but still haven't found my answer. What I've found is a bunch of shrubs that _almost_ do what I'm looking for.

So then, let me tell you what I am looking for. I have a narrow wedge shaped plot of land that runs between my driveway and my neighbor's fence. I would like to plant something there to give my yard a little privacy from my neighbors. Don't get me wrong - you couldn't ask for nicer people - I just want some privacy.

The wedge shaped plot runs about 35 feet long, and tapers from 3' wide down to nothing. If only the whole thing were 3 feet wide there wouldn't be a problem, but with the wedge shape I don't know what to plant in the narrow section.

And to the guy who's about to suggest a fence, I've already thought of that and zoning won't let me. Apparently they're pretty strict about it too.

I have thought about Sky Pencil hollies, but the S-L-O-W growth rate has me turned off a bit. So then I thought about Sky Rocket juniper, but the height is a bit more than I want. Ideally I'd like something that tops out around 6-8 feet.

Shrub will be in full sun from about lunchtime through dinner time.

Any ideas?

Thx

Ed

Comments (20)