SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Outside today plotting in the garden.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Not plotting on adding any daylilies. In fact I have to dig out two clumps of daylilies in order to get my planting plan done. So I wanted to add Oriental Lilies to the left front yard again since I had them out there but had to dig them up due to the belgium block mini terraces put in last year. I found the bulbs to be in such bad shape that I just tossed them instead of trying to replant. I am sure I had them planted too deeply. At any rate I have been looking at the layout and decided that the far left corner, near the round rose planters is the best place for the wanted Oriental lily bulbs. So the two daylilies I stuck in there last year will have to move, no big deal.

I had been looking at the better lily sellers but didn't find what I wanted so went back to K. Van Bourgondien were I had gotten the original batch.

I ordered the mix oriental lily collection (25 bulbs) and then also 5 each of Dizzy, Muscadet and Tiger Edition and they will all go together.

Another reason for buying there was that I needed to order there anyway as I just ordered 200 or the mixed Glamini Gladiolas. I just love those. Didn't have many last year due to redoing the top back yard garden. The colors on them are striking vivid tones and they don't grow very tall, only about 2 feet. Not like the too tall regular glads. In fact I only plant the Glamini and no regular glads any more since I discoved the Glamini. I don't know of any other place sells them but K. Van Bourgondien.

I needed the Glamini to plant in various spots I have in mind but the real reason is I need to do something to add bloom to the two new Tall Bearded Iris beds I plant in TB iris last summer. I tried some new (to me) vendors to order the TB iris and didn't get most of them from Scheiners as I had the year before. The result is that my rhizomes have barely begone to grow, from two vendors used to fill out the new bed. Plus those two made up the bulk of my TB Iris ordered last year. So I will be shocked if any of those blooms this spring.

Thinking on the fact that I will have no bloom there this year got me steamed and I knew I had to do something while I wait for my iris to grow. So I decided if I could not have spring iris bloom there this year, I would at least have something lovely this summer. So I am going to plant the Glamini Glads between those TB iris plants.

So much for my plotting. Will have lots of summer bulbs to plant.

Comments (27)