SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylvia_funk

I just buried my cat.

lily316
last year

My sweet five-year-old Piper died yesterday at the vet where I took her because she wasn't eating for a day and just sitting upright. I rescued her on June 12, 2019, at the Humane society and she has been the most wonderful healthy cat in those almost three years. She loved Bernie, my Maine coon and they were always together everywhere in the house. I now regret taking her to the vet because I didn't get to say goodbye. I was petting her all day and then we had to put her in the carrier where she cried the whole way to the vet. They immediately saw she was in distress and took her away to give her oxygen. The stress of the car ride where she hasn't been for a few years and not being able to sit up helped build up fluids in her lungs and they had to resuscitate her three times and she died without me being able to be with her. I am devastated since two days ago, if you would have said I'd be at the vet, I would have thought it was to euthanize my 18-year-old blind, deaf, senile dachshund but not my beautiful sweet young Piper. I have been crying for 24 hours now and got no sleep. We just buried her in our backyard

where all the other beloved pets are.

Comments (54)