SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petape13

Walk-in Shower too big?

petape13
last year

This is a new construction, vacation house. Due to some unforeseen issues with the house exterior, my architect and I had to make some last minute changes to the size and layout of the bathroom windows (details are indicated in the attached picture). Currently, the construction is completed (including rough-in plumbing) and the interior work is starting.

One item that I didn’t think through was the impact of the above changes to the bathroom design. Originally, I planned a 40”x84” walk-in shower, with a glass door separating it from the rest of the bathroom. However, the window change is forcing me to extend the shower size to ~51”x84”. I’m afraid that the shower would be disproportionately big for this medium-sized master bath.

Also, if I keep the shower at the original size (40” long) that would mean the shower doors would be in the middle of the window (look very ugly).

I’m not sure if I’m fussing too much about this (and should I just go with the bigger shower) or if my concern is valid. If it is valid, does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)