SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahnrut

What would you do to our 20 year old kitchen?

last year

We are in our 80s and we did this kitchen 20 years ago. We anticipate aging further in place but realistically will be in the house 5-10 years more. The maple cabinets are worn around the knobs and although lovely I think they are not very modern looking. So an update would be for us as well as resale (house value well over $1M). We thought of having the cabinets in the main kitchen area and island spray painted off white, the walls that are yellow painted another white and new pulls for hardware as i think the knobs have contributed to the wear of the varnish in those areas. There is an L breakfast nook area and we would leave the cabinets there as they are in very good condition and match the table and chairs. This photo was taken when the kitchen was new but nothing has changed except wear of the wood cabinets. Any thoughts about the plan appreciated. The professional spray painting would cost around $5K. The second picture is the area to be painted and the first picture (the breakfast nook sorry about the powder room door being open!) we would leave as is. I thought of using the same bronzey pulls on the painted cabinets.

Comments (14)