SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekaterina_kachur

Ikea kitchen with custom front’s suggestions

Kate K
last year

Hi everyone!

TLDR: I’m looking for recommendations for companies that provide custom fronts for Ikea kitchen ideally located in near Charlotte, NC

Long story: I’m new to Houzz and home renovations (we do have GC hired already). We are doing a huge project on our house (converting lower level of split into mother-in-law suite for my parents; changing garage into living space, creating open concept on 1st). Because of very high total cost, I am hoping to keep the kitchen renovation budget on low end. We are using the current cabinets for the new mother-in-law suite, so need new for ours. Based on my research perhaps combining Ikea base with nicer fronts is a good approach. I really love rift sawn white oak look, but I know it is high end and expensive. I’m thinking of using that for the island only and maybe uppers (we would only have a few because of the window placement) and basic white shaker for the rest. I would really appreciate any advice on going this route. Recommendations for places that provide these services, especially if they have distributor near Charlotte, NC. Our GC has a couple cabinet suppliers that he works with, but of course none offer the rift sawn white oak look I love. Thank you in advance!!!

Comments (8)