SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizpel12

Ikea vs. Semi-Custom

LizPel12
9 years ago

I've gained so much knowledge from this site as we plan our kitchen renovation! We are trying to decide between Ikea cabinets and a semi-custom line, Espresso by Cabico. We are attracted to the wood cabinets offered by the semi-custom line, but really like the modern storage options from Ikea. In both cases the design is virtually the same, frameless, all base cabs are drawers, and all drawers are full extension, self-closing with Blum hardware. The Cabico are definitely more expensive, but including assembly and purchasing for the Ikea cabinets (services our KD provides for a fee), the Ikea cabinets are more than we thought they'd be, so we decided to take a look at a semi-custom option, which was more reasonable than we expected. I am really on the fence... Has anyone had a BAD experience with Ikea cabinets? Everyone seems to rave about them. Down the line, would buyers be more attracted to the wooden box, wooden doors than the Ikea look and feel? Would you buy a house with an Ikea kitchen? Any more recent experience with Cabico? (I've read everything about them I could find on GW). Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome! TIA

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville