SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jwojciech08

Exterior entry way and landscaping advice

Jill
last year
last modified: last year

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get your thoughts on how to boost the curb appeal of my older home. I would like to replace the entry steps and railing, as well as match the railing on our balcony above our enclosed porch. I live in eastern central Wisconsin - zone 5A. I am hoping to choose a material for the steps that will last the longest with our annual cold winters. The house is facing the north and also has a mature Maple in the front yard that provides part shade during the growing season. The planting bed to the left gets morning sun and the one on the left gets afternoon sun. I really like the look of a hydrangea tree, but not sure if I can make it work in this space. The planting beds are a triangle shape, measuring approximately 7 feet long, 4 feet wide at the widest part and tapers to 1-2 feet at the end. It is our intention to slowly make other improvements in the future, including new siding, but we are focusing on replacing our stairs and railing first. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (16)