SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

Ideas For a St. Patrick’s Day Ladies’ Lunch? ☘️

Kswl
last year
last modified: last year

I am hosting a casual ladies’ lunch on St. Patrick’s Day this year and would like to avoid as many of the sterotypical food items as possible— green beer, corned beef and cabbage as the obvious culprits. The number right now is ten, but that could increase (or decrease).

I’m thinking mini scones for dessert with cream and jam, possibly also purchased themed petit fours if i can find them, but very open to suggestions!

I’m not sure about the rest of lunch….Asparagus quiche with fresh herbs? Homemade ricotta and basil pizza? I will undoubtedly set up for buffet service and need a protein, a vegetable, fruit and a starch. I was thinking of honeydew melon and blueberries for the fruit, it’s a combination I love and the colors are pretty.

Will be using white plates, green monogrammed napkins, possibly green and white chinoiserie placemats depending on the final RSVPs, centerpiece of shamrock plant and white flowers. I always use silver flatware in the dining room (it looks better on the table) and I have green crystal in just about every beverage size, so all set there. I may use Wedgewood green Chinese Tigers dessert plates if I have enough.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz