SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eileenlaunonen

Happy St Patricks Day!!!

eileenlaunonen
15 years ago

Hope everyone has a great holiday.......off to enjoy a few...Have a good day!

Comments (14)

• amck2
    15 years ago

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all!

The "Mc Homestead" is still on baby watch. First GC was due on the 15th....perhaps we may have a "wee little one" by day's end - Wouldn't that be a Pot 'O Gold!!

• triciae
    15 years ago

Happy Paddy's Day, everybody! I'm wearing my green although won't be cooking my cornbeef & cabbage until Saturday when DH is here.

amck, hope that baby comes soon! Today would be a cool birthday. My DDIL was due with her 3rd three years ago March 21. We'd hoped for a Paddy's Day baby also. The little tyke didn't cooperate though...he waited & waited. Finally born at 1:01 a.m. on April 1...April's Fool's Day! The little stinker!!!

/tricia

• riverrat1
    15 years ago

Thanks for the "green" reminder.

Happy St. Particks Day to all!

• Bizzo
    15 years ago

Talking about St. Paddy's Babies, it's my dad's birthday today... and it IS a cool day for a birthday.

Happy St Pat's !!

• jessyf
    15 years ago

DS #2 asked for green rubber bands on his braces in anticipation of today. LOL.

We did our corned beef and cabbage on Friday, mmmmm store still has some in stock.

• canarybird01
    15 years ago

Feliz Dia De San Patricio!

I just got back from a Friends of Tenerife charity buffet luncheon which I attended with my friend Anne, and met a couple of ladies from my Pilates class there so we all sat down together and had a very good buffet lunch. After that we were entertained by a couple of the male club members singing Irish songs, which we all joined in, some Irish jokes and a young lady doing some Irish dancing for us.

It's been a pleasant afternoon, but since it was so very warm, Anne and I left after that was over and before the raffles started, as that usually takes another hour. The turnout was good and I'm sure we had quite a good take at the door. Proceeds go to fund a local home for children with cerebral palsy.

Photos: salad bar, my salad plate, part of steam table.
    Paella in a bowl, my dessert plate, Irish dancer.

SharonCb

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Yummy looking lunch, CB.

Amck, I hope that baby comes along before midnight, but I mostly hope that it's healthy and whole, no matter the birthday.

Happy St. Pat's. The Commission on Aging had their annual fundraising luncheon, $5 gets you a big baked potato with your choice of chili, broccoli and cheese or butter and sour cream. Coleslaw on the side, a brownie and a drink, they sell out every year.

I already had the corned beef and cabbage, in fact, I've already eaten all of the cabbage. I have barm brack for supper and I think I'll have some corned beef hash.

Annie

• triciae
    15 years ago

Annie, baked potatoes for a fund raiser...what a great idea! I'm going to suggest that at church. We're always trying to think up something different. Easy, inexpensive, & most everybody loves a baked potato in this part of the country.

I just finished a brownie w/green frosting my neighbor brought me...now my lips are green! :)

/t

• caliloo
    15 years ago

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

I have my corned beef simmering as I type, veggies will go in later. The Guinness is chilled and the Jamesons is ready to go. I even have Bailey's on hand if DH or I decide to try an Irish Car Bomb, but I'm not sure that is a great idea on a Tues when everyone has to work in the morning LOL!

Amck - Here's wishing all the best to the new grandbaby - whether it is today, tomorrow or next week!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Alexa

• cloudy_christine
    15 years ago

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Tricia, they sell like hot potatoes here, LOL. I think it's just beause it's so easy to top them as you like so everyone finds something they want. You can have just broccoli, or broccoli and cheese or chili or chili and cheese or chili and sour cream or just butter or butter and sour cream, chives if you wish, broccoli and sour cream if that's what you like, well, you get the picture. They just keep steam tables full of toppings and they give you a baked potato, split down the middle, and spoon on your choice of toppings, add a cup of coleslaw, a brownie and you get your own drink. It's fast and easy and everyone just loves it, plus it's a great fundraiser for Commission on Aging.

I like broccoli and chili on mine. Odd combination, I know, but I like it. Depending on your region toppings could include a seafood sauce or taco type fillings, whatever is cheap, easy and popular. It's sure a nice break from the pancake breakfasts and spaghetti suppers...

Annie

• lakeguy35
    15 years ago

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!!

We are going to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert tonight.... we will have a few cold ones before the show for sure!

David

• sands99
    15 years ago

Alexa, ever had a lil beer with "43" [Quarenta y Tres? god I suck at spanish its on the bottle but thats on another floor] and Baileys?? It's sooooo good!

My CBnC is done waiting for DH to come home. I may green up some chardonnay :)

• lyndaluu2
    15 years ago

Happy St Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!!
    Here's our dinner; DH put mustard on the plate before I could take a pic.....LOL

Linda