SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
su_seven

60 Kohlerias need your help!

Su Seven
last year
last modified: last year

HI, after near barely grow, now they stall. I have many on the window sill. I elongated it, so that heat from radiator does not blow to the plants directly. Although it was hot either way. I bought led lights, racks, shelves, humidifiers, just to make them happy. I used normal potting soil, mixed with perlice, vermiculite, gravel. I tried also this mixtrure and added coco fiber, turf. I did not see any improvement. Or missed it, because I have more than 60 plants.

They wilted, so I thought roots dried. Than I watered slowly, but they died. Then I tried to keep it dry, then moist. Bought a humidity meter. They say if top layer is dry than water. Or bottom water. But howwwww??? roots are perpaps in the middle of the pot, not at the end. If I water from bottom, soil suck it not the roots. So it becomes perphaps soggy? Also if top layer is dry, still in the middle and end the soil is wet. Why prefer all, this method? Cuttings for example with small roots are I am sure not that way watered. I am so confused with all.

So all my kohlerias have inward curled brittle leaves. If them was to dry and I use a humidifier now, will these leave turn to a healthy stade or stay that way? How can I now wich Humidity they prefer? I used now dry spaghum moss. You water it and it stays wet. What if they get mold, fungus? what if my living room get black fungus on the walls.

To make matters worse, all of them have brown tips, The leaves become darkgrey at the edges, no yellow hallow. You can see it in the pics. Is it a fungi? is it bacteria? my kohlerias are so weak. Pls, pls help. It makes me sick also, I am very upset, dont want to lose one. I had gnats and was very successfull with nematods. There are no other pests. I looked everywhere, also no honeylike residue.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH