SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ucha_a

Need help with layout for new build.

last year
last modified: last year

Hi all.

Long time lurker, first time user. I'm a first time potential house owner and received the first draft plans for my build. It's a small two story house and I need help with the layout.

Downstairs:

I would like to turn the stairs to a L or U shape, I'm leaning towards L so you walk up facing the deck area (I also think moving furniture would be easier), but i'm not sure about clearance between the stairs and island.

I would also like the stairs moved back and maybe the porch reduced from 5' to 4.5' so master suite door has more room around it.

I want to extend the laundry/mudroom to close up the hallway so It's not wasted space. I want a window and backdoor in the laundry, with enough space for the cats litter and cabinetry.

I also want a door from the garage giving direct access to the stairs.

Upstairs:

I want to turn the kitchen to a partial U to add more pantry cabinetry behind the stairs.

I want to move suite 2's door away from the kitchen to the other side of the stairs, and add a bathtub in its bathroom.

I want to move suite 3's door away from the wall so it's not on the wall of the living room.

I want to keep the powder room.

Help please? I would appreciate input before I request drawing changes. Thank you.

P.s the living area to the left downstairs is actually a 2 car garage.

Comments (15)