SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendal_bell

Galley Kitchen Design Help

Kendal Bell
last year

Hi!

I would love your thoughts on this potential kitchen design. We are taking down a wall to open up our circular kitchen into a galley shape, and creating access to an exterior side door that leads to our driveway. All cabinetry on the fridge side will be new, but on the range side, we are only replacing the cabinets past the dishwasher. The sink will be replaced, but the dishwasher will remain, as well as the cabinets under the peninsula and the sink (but with new door fronts). Sorry for the amateur renderings!

My main questions:

1) Trying to follow the Ice/Water/Stone/Fire placement, I have the range on the same side as my sink, with 48" of prep space between dishwasher and range. Originally we had it on the opposite wall, but with the generous width of the galley, I was worried about too much space between the stone and the fire. Is this placement the most efficient? Does it make the fridge side look awkward not to have any appliances there?

2) Is there enough space between the entry and the cabinetry? I don't want it to feel crowded. This is our side door, but it will get plenty of traffic. On the fridge side, we intend to install a bench/ entry area with some coat hooks. The other side of the entry door will be open.

3) There will be no upper cabinets on the range side, only one long open shelf, on either side of the range hood.

Comments (7)