SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

busy day in the kitchen

jojoco
last year

The countertop guys were here today. Not only were they replacing the kitchen counters, but also the vanities in two bathrooms. We were off to a good start:

But then it came to a grinding halt when the new sink we bought was fully unboxed only to discover it was broken in one corner (where it was hidden by the styrofoam insert.) It was a serious break, several inches gone.) I called the local store and thank goodness they were able to find another exact model. I picked it up and all was good. Maybe set us back an hour.

How pretty is this? Unfortunately, the wooden backsplash won't work out afterall, so I am off to the tile store tomorrow to find a backsplash. Thinking of a slightly off white subwaay tile. We've got paint samples on the cabinets (not seen) and am leaning towards Benjamin Moore White Cloud (not to be confused with the uber popular Cloud White.) The cabinet painters arrive next month which gives me plenty of time to vacillate on the colors. The rug I ordered came in, but it is going back. I need a 6x6 square size to really warm up the area by the hutch. I am starting to think there might be room to put some sort of small table(s) by the window seat. I'm leaning towards something neutral, like a brownish colored rush (or wicker type) table. Maybe two of these?

Jo

Comments (37)