SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_638258796

Awkward corner window needs help!

O G
last year

Looking for advice on how to dress an awkward corner window in my NYC apartment. This is my first post to a Houzz forum—please let me know any additional details I can provide!

I just renewed my lease, and decided this is the year I “figure out” this window. Ignore the window film—it’s for privacy since this window looks directly into other apartment windows surrounding a “courtyard” (in name only). Though with the right window treatment ideally I could remove at least one window pane’s privacy film.

The biggest issue is how the window frame meets the wall directly at the corner—there is no wall space to hang a traditional drapery rod above the window, nor for a cornice or valance, etc. As much as I would prefer an outside-mount situation, it seems my only options are inside mount treatments.

Are a cafe rod panel or inside-mount roller shade my only options? Both just sound kind of drab (though given the current state of the window, the only direction is up!). I would appreciate any advice on how to spruce this window up a bit and/or any creative solutions the community might have.

Thanks so much!

Comments (8)