SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Yeah, me again.

last year

Project fatigue is hitting.

I thought I was all set with my lighting choice. Remember this one?

Beautiful, right? Crisp, gold, minimal...checked all the boxes. I was all set to order it and then I realized the shade is velvet. Um, no. Way to boudoirey for the kitchen. So now I am starting over. While I like this drum chandelier, I also I like the idea of a more traditional gold chandy with either color in lamp shades or something else. If I go with a brass chandy, I'll probably try to find one on Facebook Marketplace as this little project has financially crept upwards exponentially. That being said, I'm open to buying one retail. Also, this is an area where lighting will be important as it will give light to the eat in counter nearby. There will be nothing under it.

Here is what we currently have (the ceiling is a low cathedral.

The cabinets will be a creamy white (leaning towards BM White Dove), the floor is stone colored, and the counter is sandy colored. The walls will be white. Not sure of the stools--I'm considering these

I like them but they may be too short for me and people complain that they are not comfy. Yes, a cushion will solve that, but I'm trying to avoid having to keep upgrading my choices.

I'd love to hear (and see!) any suggestions.

Jo

Comments (57)