SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
risottostar

New life, colors for much loved bed

risottostar
last year

Hello! I would like to update our primary bedroom. I was planning on paint, carpet, furniture, bedding, window coverings, etc. However, the furniture is solid black cherry, still in new condition, handmade by a single craftsman in Canada for us 23 years ago. He also made us an amoire, dresser and mirror. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, and none of our other bedrooms need furniture. So, I am curious what you all could suggest to bring some wonderful life to this (I am not sure what colors of bedding are really suited to the dark cherry). It's not a huge room, but it's cozy and I like that. There is one window on the left side of the bed, and I really wish there was another on the right. I think I need to balance that look somehow. There is another window in the far corner of the wall to the right of the bed. We bought this house for location, and certainly not for design :-/ The walls are BM Silver Half Dollar, ceiling is BM Iced Cube. It's also a pretty dreary day, the room is not as dark as it appears here. I've just gutted the bathroom and closet, new wall color there is SW Shoji White, so I could do this or anther complimentary color here.

Comments (5)