SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Are you a calm and courteous driver?

3katz4me
last year
last modified: last year

I am chill when driving - probably wasn't so much so when I was driving back and forth to work every day. I'm just astonished at how rude and/or incompetent many drivers are. When you are merging onto a highway - when it's a merge, not a yield - they make every effort to block you so you can't. Or you're passing someone slower in front of you and they speed up so you can't. Or they pass you and then slow down in front of you so you have to pass. Or they just sit in the left lane going the same speed as the person in the right lane so they prevent anyone behind them from passing. I refer to them as blockers. Or they pull out right in front of you on a street (when it's completely clear behind you) and then drive slow - in such a hurry they have to pull out and cause you to hit the breaks but then they poke along.

Then there are they hyper-considerate drivers who don't follow the rules of the road - signaling someone turn left in front of them even though they have the right of way. I've seen them do this on a four lane street when there's someone coming up behind them in the other lane. If I was dumb enough to turn, I'd be t-boned. It's just not a good idea - people need to know what to expect and that is that other drivers adhere to standard driving practices.

On a different tangent are the pedestrians who walk right in front of or behind your moving car without looking and/or stopping. What ever happened to look both ways before you cross?

Is this just where I live or is it everywhere.

Comments (18)