SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_467821532

How should I decorate this unusual wall?

HU-467821532
last year

I am in the process of decorating my new construction home and I am trying to figure out what to do with the long wall in the downstairs family room that has 2 doors very close together and also the wall to the left of the fireplace. The room is 24 x 18 in round numbers with a 9 ft tray ceiling. Opposite the wall with the doors is a 6 ft wide, floor to ceiling FP, flanked by cabinetry on both sides. The sliders go out to an east facing patio with views of a field and the mountains. Please see the pics and the floor plan with measurements. I have numbered the pics in the comments for easy reference.

The sectional is big as the family is big.

The decorating style is organic mountain modern. With so many rectangles and squares in the room, my instincts tell me to put something round on the wall with the 2 doors, in a gold/honey color to play off the pillows and warm up the room... like maybe a cluster of something round or maybe some unique art that is wavy/figure8-ish... something with texture. Am I on the right track?

In addition, as you can see in 2 of the pics, the sectional has 5 parts. In the other 2 pics with some Christmas decor, I have removed a piece of the sectional to make room for the tree. Should I put the piece back in, or leave it out and do something else with the corner, like maybe a small table and a chair so you can sip your coffee and gaze outside when it's too cold to go out?

Thanks in advance for your time and your very welcome input !

Comments (16)