SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenna_thibault

Backsplash advice. Help me love this tile! There's no going back...

I hope I didn't make a mistake with this backsplash tile, because we're WELL past the return date. Funny how you forget what tile you ordered in August looks like, and then when it's time to finally install it in January it is SO MUCH WHITER than you remembered.

For reference:

Hickory base cabinets with a saddle stain

Frosty white uppers with coffee stain (which gives them the off-white appearance)

Honed Carrara Tuscony quartz countertops

Natural stained oak floors

Backsplash is Bedrosians 90 degrees in white (tell me that I'll learn to love it!)

What grout color do you think we should use to bring some harmony to the off-white uppers with the white backsplash tile? The plan is for the tile to extend up the ceiling to the left of the sink with floating shelving. Speaking of floating shelves, would you do something along the hickory color for more contrast with the white backsplash tile or keep to the frosty white/coffee stain (off-white) look for those?

Appreciate your insights. I should have joined Houzz much much earlier in this process! There have been so many "things I'd do differently next time around" moments that I might have avoided. But it's been (mostly) fun!

Pics for reference. The countertops aren't yet installed.

countertop

Comments (110)