SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_kiernan64

Has Anyone Bought Serenity Brown Granite from Lowe's?

Hello! I am in the planning & design phase of renovating the kitchen of the house we will be moving into in a few months. Unfortunately I have Champagne taste, and a beer budget!! I've gotten quotes for the gorgeous slabs that caught my eye such as DaVinci, Azzurite, Alexandrita,
Azul Imperiale etc and of course they were double what we want to spend. So I see Lowe's carries Fantasy Brown polished in our price range. The movement and colors are appealing to us, but after 7 years of living with polished Titanium which always looked bad with water spots and smudges I am leery of the polished finish. Our new home is on a river off the Chesapeake Bay. I want a warm, casual, earthy yet light vibe. I noticed Lowe's also has Serenity Brown described as the "honed" version of FB on the website, but their supplier, Sage Surfaces describes it as Leathered. 🧐 I read that leathered is better stain and bacteria resistant as the process "tightens the pores" so I would prefer leathered.
I am definitely not a high maintenance type of gal, and this product, Allen +Roth Granite supposedly has a proprietary lifetime sealant and a 30 year transferable warranty! Too good to be true? Do I need to really care whether it's honed or leathered with this guarantee and sealant protection?
I would love to hear all thoughts and better yet experiences with Serenity Brown.

Comments (9)