SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurakay1989

SW7006 Extra White

Laura Kay
last year

This dilemma is for a new construction house that is not yet complete.

I want bright, crisp, clean plain white walls. So, I chose SW7006 as my main wall colour throughout my home, as it was my understanding that it fit my aforementioned criteria for a white.

My vision throughout this home is plain white walls, a combination of white, black, and stained maple cabs, marble-look tiles, Infinity white quartzite counters, with some deep green accents (wanted to start with a neutral blank slate and add personality and dimension via decor pieces, artwork, plants, etc).

The wall paint job is not finished yet, but I can see now why people say they see an obvious coolness to this paint colour. Cabinets are not installed, and my trim is up but still has to be painted. Trim and cabs will be High Reflective White (ordered and paid already, cannot be changed), so now I am paranoid that the difference in trim colour will bring out the coolness of Extra White even more. Admittedly, I tend to prefer a warm, inviting look to a house
so not sure why I chose a cool white for my main colour :| However, Alabaster, White Dove, and the like just seemed too creamy/ivory for that crisp, clean look I want.

To make matters slightly worse, we also already painted over another white colour that I did not like (!!) so repainting a third time with another new colour is out of the question. At this point the finished product will be Extra White walls and High Reflective White trim and cabinetry.
I am starting to panic about how this will all turn out, and feel that I’ve somewhat ruined my vision by choosing such a cool-looking white for my walls.

Has anyone felt this way halfway through the design or build process, and once everything was finished and decorated, they were relieved and happy with the result?

My husband, friends, and our contractors keep telling me that I am analyzing this white paint situation to death and overthinking too much, and that everything will come together in the end with proper lighting and decor etc. I am exceedingly grateful for this home and just want to love every aspect of it.

Thanks for reading this very long rant and if you have any words of reassurance I would appreciate it!!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012