SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tete_a_tete

Daffodils from seed

tete_a_tete
last year
last modified: last year

I've recently been repotting my beloved daffodil seedlings. (Not because they needed it perhaps, but to just look at them again and see how they are doing.) I do this at this time of the year (Australia) and it's a joy.

So I'd like to thank the posters on this forum who have written of such things. It inspired me to breed my own favourite daffodils with my other favourite daffodils. I don't think I would have even thought of doing so if not for this forum.

My very first batch of daffodil seeds are now bulbs of various sizes. (Some babies are more mature than others because of Things That Have Happened To Them Over The Last Seven Years. A seedling might have had it's single, thin leaf chewed off halfway and therefore been held back. Monsters. I've never managed to apprehend the culprits.)

And it's interesing because with that first batch, some went into the soil in the garden out the back under the clothesline, and the other half went into a pot. Thought I'd see what was best. I thought those in the garden would win hands down. But I forgot about drought, didn't I? Years of drought. And yes I watered, but there's nothing like rain to really give a ...

Anyhow, glad I tried both ways.

Comment

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting