SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Wanted-to trade daffodils with other daffodil collectors

Now is the time to be thinking about what all daffodils one has that need to be dug and divided this year. Ideally they should not be dug until 6-8 weeks after bloom time and 8 weeks is best, as it allows the foliage to ripen and feed the bulb for next springs bloom. They should then be cured (dried) and stored until fall planting or trading time.

I will have some different cultivars I will be planning to dig and divide and trade, though I don't have a complete list together just yet. I would like to arrange some daff trades now, so traders can get their clumps marked for digging later.

I intend to have for trade,

Triparte-a Division 11a, that is a split cup and it is prolific

{{gwi:10746}}

Geranium-Division 8-multiple blooms per stem and fragrant

{{gwi:10769}}

Jetfire-A very early dwarf daff.

{{gwi:47453}}

Tete-a-Tete This is one of the very earliest ones, is very prolific, and usually has more than one bloom per stem. It is a miniature.

{{gwi:47454}}

Sun Disc-This is a sweet little mini that blooms very late

{{gwi:10745}}

Orange Phoenix-A historic-nicely scented

{{gwi:10767}}

There may be others for digging/trading also.

If you have any extra bulbs (1-2-3) from an order placed for fall shipment, I'd love to hear what you have available.

I have all of the most common ones, but there are several from Brent and Becky's I am still needing, in case anyone orders from them.

Please be sure to post here but feel free to drop me an email also.

I'll try to remember to bump this up later, in case anyone has any extras from an order later on.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffseek for more info about different cultivars

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm