SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Road Trip .. North Carolina (and maybe SC?)

Funkyart
last year

My sister and I are planning a girls road trip this spring (April/May timeframe) and I'd love to hear recommendations for "must do" stops/drives.

A little info.. DS has made it clear that she doesn't want to load up the activities .. the focus will be on relaxing and bonding and since she'll be doing ALL the driving, I definitely want to make sure there are plenty of opportunities for downtime. We love to eat, drink, shop and sit in the sun. I imagine we'll do some hiking .. but just as much sitting at outdoor cafes or on the beach.

Our aunt has two homes in NC (Winston-Salem and Wilmington) so I am sure we'll include a visit with her and our cousins for a day or 2 at one of the locations (probably Wilmington?). I really want to go to Asheville (and I am sure she will love it too!) and I know she wants a stop in Charlotte (maybe just a few hours). No other set plans as of now.

No dates have been set yet -- are there any art or music festivals we should try to plan around?

I think we'll limit the trip to 6-8 days (we're planning a trip in August also) ... can we squeeze in a trip to Charleston also??

Again, we're in very early planning stages -- this is a recent switch from a trip to the southwest (which we may do in August/Sept). I am sure our plans will evolve so I appreciate any ideas to help us shape our plans... especially those focused on relaxing :)

Comments (45)