SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jigar_kadakia53

Cabin Kitchen layout Idea help needed!

J k
last year

Hi all, I am having a cabin being built and needed some ideas around the kitchen layout with the challenges I currently face. This is going to be a short term rental property, hence am not looking for ample kitchen storage space.

See below the floor plan of the main level with the kitchen currently marked with the island and the cabinets, fridge, stove, pantry and the the kitchen window:

If you see there is a window above the counter that is 40" X 30" and marked in the plan as 4' opening. The same window in the front view / elevation of the house is seen below on the stone wall, and is aligned to be centered with the windows on the 2nd floor:

My questions are -

1. What is the best arrangement of the stove, hood, fridge that can be done to have an elegant and nice functional kitchen

2. I was thinking about moving the window, but its center aligned with the window on the 2nd floor from the exterior - does it make sense to remove the window to help with the kitchen layout?

3. Where should I place the microwave? In the island, as a built-in?

4. If you see, the sink and the dishwasher is on the island - do you advise switching the sink to the stove and then a hood over the island?

5. Do you advise removing the pantry, moving the fridge in place of the pantry, extending the counter and bottom cabinets?

My ideas is not to have any wall cabinets, but instead only floating shelves on the kitchen wall.

See below a render of the kitchen - take a note of the stove, window, fridge and pantry

See below a render of the kitchen, with the pantry remove, and fridge moved in its place.

Please advise your thoughts / ideas / recommendations.....

Thanks,

Jigar

Comments (56)