SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

We Have a New Fur Kid!!!

last year
last modified: last year

At the moment, this still unnamed, about one y/o Doberman kid (no cropped ears or tail) is our foster. BTW, that's DD with him in the first pic. We got a call the other day asking us specifically if we could foster him. He was a stray, picked up back in early October someplace here in New Mexico, with a broken back leg on one side and a broken hip on the other. Poor baby! Anyhoo, he's now two months post-op and they needed a family that was very knowledgeable and experienced in medicine and taking care of injuries. Well, that's us, as DH is a retired family practice doc and I'm a retired ER x-ray technologist, also experienced in scrubbing in plastic surgery. Anyhoo, we picked him up on NYE afternoon and he's been getting lots of love, comfort, hugs, good healthful food (he's still quite underweight, but not for long!), new stuffies and chew toys, 2 comfy beds, a new collar, harness and Winter jacket while he recuperates and learns what a happy, safe life is all about.

As you might recall, we lost our last Dobie, Knight, to cancer at 11 y/o just after this past Thanksgiving. So, we already had lots of what this boy needs, including lots of love.

This new boy is ours to adopt, which we will after his fostering time is up. He's a big, (very) clumsy, enthusiastic, happy, loving one year old who is NOT yet house-broken and is still in that "chew anything" phase, but we love him already!

Please keep us both in your prayers. Him for a good recovery, and me because it's been soooooo long since we've had a puppy in the house! Now, though, it's time to come up with the perfect name for him! Something Western, I'm thinking. Any suggestions?

Comments (74)