SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahlin

NJ Ranch Floor Plan Advice

leahlin
last year

Hi there

This is my first time posting but I've been lurking here for a while and feel I've gotten a feel of houzz so I hope my questions will be responded to kindly.

We just bought an existing house which we are gutting and expanding to.

I have a contractor, an architect and a space planner/home designer.

The space planner helped me draw up a plan and will then work with the architect to make it all feasible.

I basically have my needs figured out and will try to take all comments seriously but with no offense ;)

So the house and the family that will be residing in it:

We are a large family, 8 children living at home with lots of entertaining and hosting of relatives.

The kitchen is a focal part of the home and super large family style meals are hosted weekly.

The home is located on a half acre property that gently slopes downards.

The basement is currently not walkout but with the extension will be a walkout basement.

For now I am just posting the first floor plans, we did not work on the basement plans yet but they will be pretty simple, just some guest rooms and a rec room.

From the plans I already have, (which my space planner will obviously revise as needed) I already have some changes in mind.

I just want to come to him with my changes concrete before making him crazy for every revision.

The kitchen layout is not concrete either, that will be finalized later on once the permit process gets moving so I guess no criticism there but tips and ideas are appreciated.

Either way, I appreciate any helpful tips and advice for this long process and thank you all for stepping into this thread.

Comments (18)