SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Bathroom linen closet

caroline94535
last year
last modified: last year

I can’t outline the entire process tonight, but the contractor has repaired the extensive drywall damage caused by the people who installed the new shower pan and walls.

He has washed (!), repaired, mudded, primed, and painted the ceiling and all the walls.

He shoe-horned in the linen closet in the almost 18” gap between the shower support wall and the room’s north wall.

The black closet doors are on order. The bottom part of the cabinet will hold a laundry hamper. The top will have adjustable shelves.

He will install the glass shower doors once I decide on what I want.

My sweet niece suggested using wallpaper on the back walls of the linen closet.

What would you suggest?

The room, built in 1948, is 7’x9’ There’s no window, but it has a powerful Panasonic ceiling exhaust fan which also has a night light, a very bright light, and a heater.

He also replaced the broken porcelain under-mounted Decolav sink with an identical Kohler one. It was magic to see him work. A glass light fixture fell into the sink, shattering both. ☹️

This is a poor photo; both the sink and toilet are the bright Kohler white color. The “silver” acrylic shower is not nearly as dark as it appears here. I was afraid the white choice would yellow.

After this winter storm is over, he’ll be back to start laying the new tile floor. This shows four of the 8” tiles I am using.

Comments (20)