SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_tate

I've been trying to calm down for an hour - stained marble

Katrina Tate
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We were to start moving in today and had cleaners come to the site. The contractor was to arrive early to prepare the site for cleaning since they still had materials we don't need in the bathroom and closet. He didn't arrive early. When they did arrive, they found a leak in the bathroom and noticed that the linen closet door was sticking (expanded?). The guy we hired started cleaning the bedroom and walk-in closet but could not really clean the bathroom or linen closet since the contractor had guys there fixing the leak and also shaving down the linen closet door.

He called to ask if I wanted him to wait around while the contractor fixed the leak and I said, no, it's sort of a waste now since they are creating more dirt/dust while they make repairs just after he cleaned.

I went over to the site this evening to check and found a gross, dirty towel sitting on the marble shower floor. That towel was on the shower floor for several hours. It is the towel that has been used as a doormat for 9 weeks and the towel that was used today clean up the rusted water from the leak. I moved the towel and found a stain. We haven't even moved in yet and the marble floor is stained.

I told the contractor to clean it up, with non-abrasive cleaners used for polished marble and if the stain does not come out they will need to replace the tile and grout.

I planned this bathroom renovation meticulously using an inspiration photo with this same 2 x 8 herringbone marble pattern and I didn't even get to use it once before it was stained.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert