SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nathaniel_mione

Charleston #29807 Plan – Feedback Wanted

Hi everyone,

I would love your thoughts on this house plan I am currently preparing to build in New Hampshire.

Floor plan images attached. Link to floor plan here: https://www.advancedhouseplans.com/plan/charleston
This is my first build and would love all of the combined experience, opinions, and thoughts from this group!

Would also love to know if anyone has built this plan and how it turned out.

PLANNED CHANGES:

First Floor
• Garage entrance will be front-facing
• Front porch will not wrap around, will end at front of house
• Remove fireplace
• Add windows to left wall of Study and downstairs Bathroom (and elsewhere as needed)

Second Floor
• Add windows to Laundry room
• Add sink to laundry room
• Add CostCo door or normal door to Laundry room into Primary Bedroom closet
• Add windows to left wall of Primary Bedroom
• Combine two guest Linen Closets into one wide Linen Closet with accordion door
• Primary Bedroom's toilet room will have outward opening door or pocket door

POSSIBLE CHANGES (would love thoughts on these)

First Floor
Possibly add CostCo door between Mud Room and Pantry
• Possibly add coat closet to right of the Study doors (protruding into the Study) (shown in photo)
• Possibly add enclosed three season room or patio off back (from back double doors)

• Possibly replace front double doors with single door

LAND

• House is in in dense woods on a small hill
• House will not be visible from road or from neighbor's house

LIFESTYLE

• My partner and I both work from home 100% of the time, so we will be using the Study daily

• We are planning on using the room labeled Dining Room as a library / sitting room and using the area between the Living Room and Kitchen as our dining room

• My partner and I will be living here alone and guests will likely be infrequent

I know there's a tendency for people to favor really big houses on this site, so I just wanted to add that this is a starter home for us and this is as large of a house as we are comfortable building.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio